Friday 2 July 2010

A long day to run...

Blog from 26th May 2010:
Friday 21st May is 141 consecutive days & 1410 km covered.
Oxfords race was unusual in the sense of it being a tight course with loads sharp hair pin bends, difficult with 3500 people to keep a pace going or pass; or stay on your feet!
It was no surprise the lack of room coupled with an obscene amount of iron bollards claimed numerous victims whist runners responded to the crowd- I was glad to get round safely (47mins) but sorry, due to the hazards, not to see as much as Oxford as I'd wished.

The most positive element was of the Oxford run was meeting people. Pippa & Wendy were great company throughout the day which had a long drive down and up. We managed to link up with few of their Internet Forum Running Groups and old friends, taking the time to have a picnic in the main park of national heritage city after the race; it wasn't hard to imagine Edwardian type characters doing similar activities.

On reflection on the race I remembered a sub goal I wanted to do, which was to run in a race each month. However, I've found there is simply not enough time and money available to do everything. That said, I'd like to thank everyone who's being sending me invites to events and activities since I started this challenge and to keep letting me know what going on - I can't attend everything but I'm wanting to get involved where I can.

I've not got another race booked, but a holiday not too far away in Scotland. I'll need to increase the amount of 'hills runs' before we go and yes running on holiday is part of the challenge; …but wearing a kilt isn't!

Please take the time to share the 10k-everyday idea and encouraging others to get involved - it's as good as donating. If you're on Face Book simply type “10k everyday” in the search bar.

You can find micro blogging of this challenge at:
www.facebook.com/tbridle, www.linkedin.com/in/tbridle & www.twitter.com/timbridle

Send a friend request with 10k-everyday in it and I'll accept. Be well, Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment