Friday 2 July 2010

Breaking what's easiest..

Blog from 14th May 2010:
At 134 consecutive days running 10k every day I've covered 1340 km and riddled with hay fever.

To be completely honest I have noticed its easy for Days to drift together, Weeks can be over whelming and gone before I know it, Runs have become what ever is easiest to complete with little thought and the variety I meticulously planned has become a mono-pattern of two routes.

So, this last week has been a huge inspiration. I've had interviews with BBC Lincolnshire Radio and BBC Look North, the later followed me round one of regular runs.
However, there's no relief as the weekend means an early start – up at 5am as a group of us travel to take part in Oxford's Town & Gown 10k Race.

Oxford is one of our countries beautiful historical cities, it's just the kick I need to put some of the variety back into the challenge, not to get caught up too much in the day by day but keep focused on the heart of what's happening around me whilst the challenge is being done.

Variety is the spice of life and I hope to add more to the runs to come.

Please take the time to share the 10k-everyday idea and encouraging others to get involved - it's as good as donating. If you're on Face Book simply type “10k everyday” in the search bar.

You can find micro blogging of this challenge at:
www.facebook.com/tbridle, www.linkedin.com/in/tbridle & www.twitter.com/timbridle

Send a friend request with 10k-everyday in it and I'll accept. Be well, Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment