Wednesday 11 August 2010

Its a lonely road...

Blog from 8th June 2010

Tomorrow, 9th June, is 1600km or 1000miles covered in my challenge to run 10k everyday through 2010 for cancer research.

Having completed 159 consecutive days running I'm surprised to find the challenge is lonely even though there's plenty out and about running.

I've meet many people, made many new friends and had some great experiences through the challenge but I hadn't expected to feel so much as an outsider as I do.

The reasons are simply the distance is a bit daunting for friends especially during the week days to join in and the techniques and tactics for the challenge are different to conventional running when club and group running. The reality therefore is that this challenge has made me some what of an outsider.

The statement is merely an observation of the challenge that I had never thought or considered. Equally, as mentioned in the blog on “me time” I do value space and time alone – but I'm not just talking about a physical loneliness, but empathy too.

Therefore I've been thankful of facebook and friends for their comments and remarks in passing. The little landmarks and changes are a big plus for me in the challenge.
This week then sees two: [1] 1000miles completed and [2] Adidas and Lincolnshire Runner in Lincoln are sponsoring a new pair of shoes.

Please take the time to share the 10k-everyday idea and encouraging others to get involved - it's as good as donating. If you're on FaceBook simply type “10k everyday” in the search bar.

You can find micro blogging of this challenge at:
FaceBook 10k-everyday page, www.facebook.com/tbridle, www.linkedin.com/in/tbridle

Send a friend request with 10k-everyday in it and I'll accept. Be well, Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment