Thursday 12 August 2010

No rest for the wicked...

Blog from 30th June
Last week was a holiday week for me in Scotland and a difficult aspect of the challenge.
Next to where I was staying was a 3 mile professional Horse Racing training track and as there's no trespassing laws in Scotland I decided to run the course each day.
Despite the hill training the week before preparing for Scotland, this training course was 50% harder. The ground was kept soft for the prize animals that used it, each step sunk 3 inches making it worse than running on sand; the hills were a lot steeper too. Returning home this week then was infact a holiday compared to running in Scotland!

But this week is a tipping moment and big land mark for me personally, Friday 2nd July is 183 consecutive days running in my challenge of doing 10k everyday and exactly half way.
Until now this has not been possible to truly gauge what could be done, at 1/4 of the journey I was thinking I've got to do that 3 more times, 1/3 of the distance was the hardest time but I still had twice what I'd done before. I can now look back and think positively at the remaining days to say, I know what to expect and I can do another 6 months.

I am very thankful for the contributions given so far, there has been exceptionally nice comments and support presented however sponsorship has been slow £788 on a target of £20,000.

In hind sight I can understand some of it, as a year is a long time and therefore what ever the good intentions are it could not happen. Therefore I also hope the half way is a tipping point for sponsorship, answering the question of 'can it be done' with I've done 6 months already and know the effort needed to complete the job... my only dread is food poisoning!

Please take the time to share the 10k-everyday idea and encouraging others to get involved - it's as good as donating. If you're on Face Book simply type “10k everyday” in the search bar.

You can find micro blogging of this challenge at:
FaceBook 10k-everyday page, www.facebook.com/tbridle, www.linkedin.com/in/tbridle

Send a friend request with 10k-everyday in it and I'll accept. Be well, Tim

1 comment:

  1. Saw you at the Grimsthorpe 10k and think what you're doing is amazing! Will definitely share the idea on facebook. Well done!

    ReplyDelete