Sunday 31 January 2010

Show spirit...

Yesterday marked 300km completed of my challenge to run 10k everyday & Monday 1st February is the 200mile mark. This week had a number of milestones, the one that closed the month, a good time to reflect and share the unsaid.

I've been very thankful for the support, donations, comments and following on the challenges I've faced so far. Completing the first month & 1/12th of the journey is very gratifying generally, made sweeter when I think back to the direct criticisms I received like: “it's not possible”, “there's a reason why its not been done before” and my favourite “you won't last a month”; which has been answered this weekend.

This week has been a good week starting with the Primary School Athletic event Monday 25th Jan. I'd been asked by Joyce Bundy to present the medals and I arrived early to watch the competition. It was great to see the spirit to achieve in each of them, pouring their energy into their event or supporting their team, attitudes that would serve them well in the future.

The picture here is of a school team who came to talk to me, sharing their enthusiasm and that their class were following and mapping my challenge as a project.
Their request for a photo & words caught my breath, like many moments over the past 4 weeks when people had contacted me directly sharing their stories about cancer affecting their friends & relatives; and that the challenge had been a reminder of the spirit their loved ones had shown.

The geographical length and breath of these stories has been another point that has taken me by surprise. The support, comments and friendship for the challenge to date has stretched beyond my home shores of Britain to: Canada, India, Spain, Greece, Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, Africa & USA (Texas, Atlanta, New York, LA & Chicago).

Thinking closer to home, this week I also was able to run with Grantham Athletics Club Road Team as I did on the first day. They plus the other people who I've been able to join through the month have really helped to put this challenge on literally a good footing.





Thank you to everyone who's got involved this month and I look forward to challenges in the next. That's it for now, I'm going to get ready for the next run – unfortunately with a bad ankle still.

Please take the time to share the 10k-everyday idea and encouraging others to get involved -its as good as donating. If you're on Face Book simply type “10k everyday” in the search bar.

You can find micro blogging of this challenge at:
www.facebook.com/tbridle, www.linkedin.com/in/tbridle & www.twitter.com/timbridle

Send a friend request with 10k-everyday in it and I'll accept.
I hope the momentum for goals and plans you made for the New Year are continuing. Good luck with any challenges you have planned. Be well, Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment