Sunday 28 November 2010

Reality sets in...

Blog from 19th July2 weeks after the halfway point and now having covered 2000km in my challenge to 10k everyday for a year, I suddenly realise the task I set myself.

Completing 6 months of the challenge was a major thing for me. Everything in the challenge until that point was new and unknown, so I'd never given much thought to what would happen in the second half of my year.

The second half of the challenge should be easier but the reality its looking difficult. I'd developed a view leading up to 6 months that after meeting this landmark I's know what to expect and efforts needed to 'easily' do the next 6. I suddenly recognised the first ¼ of the challenge was the honeymoon quarter, everything new and exciting. The 2/4 was spring, races and looking forward to halfway, enough to keep me going. However the ¾ is nothing or void, no specific goal or anything standing out – only hot & humid and a wait for finishing quarter, 4/4.

Other things have come to mind at this stage, like I can't just stop running I'll need an exist plan – the challenge has conditioned me to consuming 2.5 times a normal amount per day; stopping would see me gain weight very quickly. In addition and at times like this, its not hard to get distracted and down heartened by the donations. Having spoken with the charity, Cancer Research who advised to keep focused on the event and the majority of donations usually follow the completion of the activity.

So, I think the second half of this challenge is going to be difficult to keep motivated and above all, keep my mind from wondering and worrying.

How you can help:
Share & Spread the word of the challenge to friends and relatives to join/like the Facebook page – the greater width of contacts:
[a] the greater interest & chance of corporates donating generously and
[b] if the audience was big enough and everyone bought a drink the total of these small amounts would be enormous!

Please take the time to share the 10k-everyday idea and encouraging others to get involved - on Face Book simply type “10k everyday” in the search bar.

You can find micro blogging of this challenge at:
FaceBook 10k-everyday page, www.facebook.com/tbridle, www.linkedin.com/in/tbridle

Send a friend request with 10k-everyday in it and I'll accept. Be well, Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment